This twelve week course (less than 7 dollars per week) includes:
- Personal mentorship with your dream guide
- Four one hour interactive teleseminars
- Written materials including lessons and assignments
- Private group space for support on your healing journey
- Twelve weeks to explore your dreams with guidance
Learn how your dreams can provide valuable insights into your physical, emotional and spiritual life. Every night we dream between 4-6 times.
During this course you will learn how to remember more dreams by creating a dream journal and practicing “incubation” techniques. We will explore the fascinating symbols provided by our dreams and learn how to extract the deeper meanings behind them so you can apply them to major life issues. And after a discussion about the advantages of sharing dreams with others, you will learn some of the most effective ways to work dreams one-on-one and in groups.
Doing dream work is like entering a portal of fascinating and transformative energy. Dreams come to reveal important truths which can help us make significant life changes. They provide a more complete picture of who we truly are. Dreams offer us practical advice and can also serve as a profound spiritual activity, a means to psychological self-awareness and creative inspiration. I have had the good fortune to study dreams with two of the leading experts in the world.
My first teacher, Dr. Montague Ullman, who died last year at the age of 92, was considered by many to be the “Dean of American Dreams.”
My second teacher and the man who has had the greatest influence on my dream work is Dr. Jeremy Taylor, a Unitarian Universalist minister who has written four acclaimed books on dreams and has taught dream work all over the world.
The four lessons comprising this course will be:
Lesson One: Why Dreams Are So Important and How To Remember More Dreams. You will learn a few simple techniques for remembering dreams including how to create and maintain a Dream Journal and Dream Incubation.
Lesson Two: Eleven Key Principles of Dream Work
Lesson Three: Learning to Work With Your Dreams: Common Symbols and Themes and How To Apply Them To Your Personal Life.
Lesson Four: Sharing Dreams With Others. Because all dreams are both unique to the individual dreams and at the same time have universal meaning, learning how to share dreams with others effectively and with specific ethical considerations, is a deeply transformative, spiritual experience.
Healing Yourself with Dreams - Course goals:
1. Discover the fascinating history of the healing power of dreams.
2. Master techniques for remembering your dreams.
3. Start a healing dream journal.
4. Use your dreams to solve specific issues in your life
5. Explore your dreams to improve overall health and wellbeing.
6. With guidance, use dream work elements “projection", “shadow”, and “active imagination”
7. Learn about Jungian, Gestalt and Meditative dream work strategies.
8. Resolve nightmares by “alchemizing” their dark content through conscious awareness and insight.
9. Understand the advantages of sharing dreams and work with dreams both one-on-one and in a group format to facilitate your personal healing journey.
Listen to a 30 minute radio interview with Doug Grunther
Doug Grunther is a certified dream work facilitator and has been Woodstock, NY’s most noted radio talk show host for over twenty-five years.
Doug has been involved in dream work for ten years, helping individuals understand their dreams through dream groups and private consultations as well as on the radio. Through his own dream work Doug overcame chronic depression. He encourages dream work which is fun and playful as well as deeply healing and enlightening.